Sunday 15 April 2012

Just about had enough of Spanish Grammar

Friday at school didn't go too well. The Tutor lost her temper with us because we couldn't get to grips with adjetivo posesivo and any number of verbs. She then gave us a tirade in Spanish with the three of us just looking at her (no flash of underwear today to lighten the mood).

We made it to playtime and were given a "comments" page to complete - none of us were very complimentary. I feel sorry for the girls as they spend a lot of their budget on this course and I don't think they felt it was value for money.

To give you an idea of the difference between English and Spanish and show it is not just me finding it difficult. We were told to buy a dictionary that also had Spanish Verb tables.

For example a simple verb Speak/Hablar- 
"Speak" in English we have: Spoke, Spoken, Speak, Speaks and Speaking (5 variations)
"Hablar" in Spanish has 53, yes FIFTY bloody THREE variations!!!

I may try to change me course from a week of more verbs to just a few private lessons "talking to a tutor" - I think that will do more good.

On Saturday I went for a stroll and took the Funicular up the hill to see the view of the smog. It is a shame that the city gets in the way.

Watched the Grand Prix - shame Buttons nuts were difficult to tighten. I have just done my laundry (its a Rock and Roll lifestyle on the road), been to the gym, time for a spot of lunch and then will take my kindle and ipod to the pool for an hour or longer if i fall asleep!.

Hopefully I will get an email from BMW to say I can pick the bike up next week.

2 comments:

  1. At least Jenson's nuts didn't fall off like Michael S's. Sorry to hear the Spanish lessons are not going well, much better at BsAs obviously

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well as watching Jenson seeing off his team mate, we have also recorded Ian at Brands Hatch (now he is a TV star we thought we should use his proper name) - and when he stops licking the windows, we will actually watch the video.

    Am collecting a reasonable selection of "Guest Ales" (guests because they dont stay with us long) in anticipation of meeting David and in the vain hope I might have collected something he has never heard of.

    Assume the Bimmer will be ready and willing soon and that the knicker lady will have released you from her ample clutches (if the cash card arrived in time) - and I thought language lessons were always boring !

    Cheers, Henry

    ReplyDelete