Monday 16 April 2012

Earthquake (6.2)

It is 1:00 am and I just got woken by what I thought was someone in the room, jumping on the bed!

Lights on and no one there. The whole building was shaking as if a bloody great train was going by. It lasted about 40 seconds and after the shaking the whole building wobbled for ages afterwards.

I heard the apartment next door go out in to the hall way. I assume they are local and know what to do! By the time I has worked out what was going on it was too late to make any plans. Anyway I am on the 18th floor so I wouldn't fancy my chance of making it down all those stairs, not even in my Superman PJ's.

Back to bed & sleep hopefully!

subsequently heard that it was 6.2 on the sphincter scale. Not very high by their standards but it did raise a few eyebrows when I told them I live on the 18th floor.

7 comments:

  1. You don't still wear that old Newcastle United shirt then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No afraid not although the way they are playing, perhaps I should dust it off!

      Delete
  2. Are you sure it was an earthquake and not a badly cooked Pastel de Choclo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Golly! I hope they are not expecting a 'big one'! Sounds like it's about time to get out of Santiago in more ways than one. If there is a bad one you are supposed to take refuge under a table or get in a bath!! (I think), but I don't think you would stand too much of a chance being on the 18th floor, superman PJ's or not, so get the hell out of there!

      Clara

      Delete
    2. Not even seen one on the menu's yet but very impressed that you knwo what one is! There again you do know food eh?

      Delete
    3. Heard today that the Eatherquake was 6.2. Not weak but certainly not in the 8's when things really kick off!

      Delete
  3. apparently it has been upgraded to a 6.5

    ReplyDelete