Saturday 20 October 2012

Rio to Sao Paulo......well I had to go at some point

I moved up a few floors as the apartment next to mine was being renovated and I was getting bored of all the noise.The benefit was a nice view of the sea, the Lake in the middle of the city and the statue of Christ on the hill in the background.

Having seen the attractive Theatre in town I looked in to see what was on. They had a Romeo & Juliet Ballet (which is not really my thing) but I like the music. so I got myself a ticket. As attractive as the building is, I wasn't impressed with the dancing or the music - there was no orchestra, just a CD playing. The old boy next to me snored through all three acts (I was quite envious of him).

I am back on the move after the best part of a month in Rio.For no good reason it is time to move on. It has been a great stay but there are other places to see.

I gave the bike a quick look, checked the oil and tyre pressures. It is not far to Sao Paulo and it seemed like the next natural step. It was remarkably easy to get out of Rio (without getting lost) and then about 4 hours of dual carriageway. Not particularly interesting but not a problem either. I don't want to spend any time in SP (20 million people) so I have parked up at the Airport just to the north of the city. I will then head further south, looking for a smaller town on the way to the border.

With all due respect to the other big cities I have visited on this trip, Rio is my favourite, it is just a nice place to be, even if it is bloomin' expensive.



3 comments:

  1. With the ongoing radio silence I had begun to wonder if you had gone native! I note that Michael Palin is about to launch a major travelogue programme based in Brasil on BBC 1 this coming Wednesday. I assume you have given him a few pointers including beach games to indulge in and avoid.
    Where are we headed now and do I need to buy a new map?
    DM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one place you could go native very easily. a bit disappointed that he didn't give me a call to do the Photography. He must have been speaking to Attenboro'

    Heading South West.

    How was Napslo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napslo was what it always is - same people, same mixture of bullshit, promises and lies. No physical muggings that I am aware of but I certainly left the odd meeting with the feeling that soemone had put one over me.

    ReplyDelete