Tuesday 17 July 2012

Lima Revisited

It seemed to take a lifetime to get here but get here I did. I am not sure if it was the delayed flight or the lack of sleep from the previous weekend but I am struggling to get on to local time.

I checked the bike and found the battery to be all but flat. I was rather pleased to be able to use the battery charger I have been carrying all these months.

I noticed a slight weep of oil from the rear damper - it isn't much and I certainly hope I am not going to have the same problem I had with the front down in Patagonia. I don't think there is a BMW main dealer until Columbia.

I have also splashed out on a new rear tyre. The current one has a few more miles in it but as there was the correct tyre on sale nearby it seemed a good idea to buy one here rather than risk Ecuador having such a beast. Mind you it was bloody expensive, so much so, that I was tempted by the Korean version but the name put me of "Spongo" or some such name.

It all feels rather normal to be back which, in one sense, is a little disappointing, compared to the excitement of the initial landing. I am sure once I get on the road and do battle with the Lima traffic I will feel a little more exposed. It should take me a few days to leave the desert scenery behind and begin to reach the outer edges of the Rain Forest.

One last word for Mother (assuming you read this on the 18th) - Happy Birthday X.
I hope you like the Baby Alpaca cardigan........ if you haven't opened your present yet - Oops, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment