Friday 15 June 2012

Playground of the rich and Famous

A few strolls along the beach lead me to think that this place is the Lima equivalent of "Sand Banks" to London.

Large beach front properties and a lot of building being undertaken, oh and staff to water the lawns!

This one I particularly liked. The builders were very chatty and, although they didn't really know, they seemed to think that the total cost, including the plot would still be less than $1m.
This is going to be stunning when it is finished.

Along the beach is a little shack with Peru Kitesurfing on the side. There is no wind and the water is cold but I had a chat with them only to discover the month for wind is July but the water is still cold enough to need to wetsuits.

Also dotted along the beach are loads of this Jelly fish (and Flamingos)!
I think I am glad there was no wind! I will look again when I get further North.

4 comments:

  1. Yet another classic picture of Delbert's feet. We have quite an archive already. The photographer obviously has total fixation with his own digits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dear, I thought it was a masterpiece photograph of a three toed sloth that had just vomited.

      Delete
    2. I am going to get some nail varnish for the next picture of my toes!

      Delete
  2. Sloth? I admit I haven't been moving much in recent days but you should see me when the pool bar opens!

    ReplyDelete